British University in Dubai
English Language Centre is a UK company and an approved proofreader for British University in Dubai. Fixed fees, completion times and proofreading parameters have been agreed between the two organisations. Therefore, it is vital that BUiD undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral students declare their status so that the correct proofreading elements can be applied to the capstone project, master’s dissertation/final project, PhD thesis or journal article.
The following standard proofreading completion times apply to BUiD undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral students (* working days: Mon–Fri):
- Capstone projects and master’s dissertations/final projects (8,000–20,000 words): completion in 5 working days
- PhD theses (60,000–80,000 words): completion in 10 working days
The following express proofreading completion times are only available to BUiD doctoral students with PhD theses:*
- 5 working day completion
- 7 working day completion
* Please note that the availability of the express proofreading service for doctoral students is not guaranteed. You are strongly encouraged to get in touch in advance to confirm availability if your submission deadline is pressing.
The standard agreed rate for proofreading is (GBP) £10 per 1,000 words, or part thereof. The student will need to approve the quotation for the proofreading process to begin. The express proofreading rate for doctoral students, when available, is £13 per 1,000 words (7 working day completion) and £15 per 1,000 words (5 working day completion).
- The quotation assumes that payment is made by bank transfer to a UK bank.
- The exact amount agreed for the proofreading must be received by the UK bank account.
- All transfer fees must paid by the sender (i.e. the student requesting the work).
- Payment should be received in full seven calendar days after the proofread manuscript has been returned.
Frequently asked questions
Please note that any failure to declare an association with BUiD introduces two threats for a student: (i) the required elements may not be applied to the proofreading process, thus jeopardising the ability to pass the examination process; and (ii) BUiD applies strict penalties to students operating outside the stipulated proofreading boundaries.